March 9, 2015

Elegant Chinese dishes seeing Ueno Park and Sky Tree

TOTENKO (東天紅), a Chinese restaurant chain beside the Ueno Park (上野公園, see the previous post) recently renewed their head building. The new modern building can be a new landmark of the Ueno Park and the Shinobazu Pond. Just before the renewal, I had a superb lunch with family seeing the Park and the Sky Tree. Whenever I visit, I am impressed by their sophisticated taste and service.   
New building of TOTENKO Ueno (from the web)
Starter
Dumpling
Shark fin soup
Beijing duck
Sauteed seafood
Stir-fried wagyu beef
Steamed porgy
Fried rice
Noodle
Mango pudding
Everything was very delicious! The tasting is gentle and mild using good natural ingredients and seasonings. Even so, the taste is not plain, but sharp. I don't know how they could cook a porgy and a simple noodle so tasty. Though price is not low (the above set meal costs JPY8,000 per person excluding tax and service charge), I found it worth. Their rich mango pudding is also recommended! My rating is 4.3 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

No comments:

Post a Comment