December 27, 2012

More power to Tohoku!

Just near the Shinbashi Station(新橋駅), there is "Fukko-Shien-Sakaba(復興支援酒場)", an izakaya established for supporting the Tohoku three Prefectures of Fukushima, Iwate and Miyagi which were devastated by the Earthquake and Tsunami on 3.11. Surprisingly, ALL the profits of this izakaya has been/will be contributed to the three Prefectures. They have already contributed JPY15,000,000. I've also already visited here twice.
Entrance of "Fukko-Shien-Sakaba"
Inside (many customers enjoyed.)
Beer!
Boiling soybeans
Starter (small hot pot for each person)
Sashimi platter 
Tempura 
Grilled miso
Tohoku fu (dried bread) pizza
liver of sea toad
Yokote fried noodle
So, the more we spend in this izakaya, the more contribution will be made. All the staff is from the Tofoku Prefectures. Most of the ingredients and sakes are also from the Tofoku Prefectures. Through amusing their staples, we could be small help for re-establishment of the affected areas. 

Not only the concept, but also the dishes were delicious. Everybody was happy. Staff members were cheerful with big voice. Sometimes they sang songs. At the end of the party, they took a picture of us and we shouted together "Ganbappe, Tofoku!." It means "Go for it, Tofoku" in their local dialect. 

This kind of contribution is easy and sustainable. If you go izakaya in Shinbashi where millions izakayas locate, why don't you visit this izakaya? This izakaya will by available until December 30, 2013. My rating is 3 out of 5. 5 out of 5 for the concept! Gochiso-samadeshita!

Fukko-Shien-Sakaba(復興支援酒場) 
http://www.dreamlink.co.jp/topics/fukkousakaba/

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog this week, and have really enjoyed reading your reviews. I have been wanting to eat lobster, so it was your review of Red Lobster that brought me here.

    This particular review about the proceeds going to Tohoku was beautiful. When the earthquake hit on 3/11/2011, I was living in Tochigi Prefecture, and it was scary. So many people asked me to go back to the US, but I wanted to support Japan and Tohoku.

    I really love Tohoku and the sense of community there, so I have been about 35 times since that day for volunteer work.

    I cannot go to this izakaya in time, but if you hear of more things like this, please let me know. And, I will continue to check your blog!

    良いを年を!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for finding this small blog. I also appreciate Red Lobster:)

    Were you then in Tochigi Prefecture?...you must have been so scared. I was just walking among the buildings in Tokyo and I thought the time to die finally came...it was indeed the biggest one I have experienced in my life.

    As a Japanese, I am much grateful for your continual support and kind thought. 35 times...! I am sure your action have encouraged the people there. I need to follow in your steps.

    I would be happy if you would sometimes see this blog when you have time.
    良いお年を!来年はもっともっと良い年になりますように!

    ReplyDelete