September 11, 2012

My mom's birthday at a local french in Ibaraki

To celebrate my mother's birthday, I went to a local French restaurant named "Jyunon(樹音)" in Ibaraki(茨城). Jyunon is a house restaurant surrounded by trees and the natural atmosphere is very good. Though it is a bit way from main streets and residential areas, all the tables were occupied on Saturday. 
Entrance of Jyunon
Inside
Amuse, canape with crab mousse
Starter, ratatouille with poached egg
Soup of potato
Main, beef steak
Dessert (for my mother)
Dishes are not so delicate but good averagely. Each portion is large enough (I couldn't eat up the beef steak). Set meals are available from JPY3,150. Most striking things in this restaurant might be other than dishes, namely cozy atmosphere as a house restaurant and piano performance at night. As BGM, a pianist played many popular musics. In particular, he kindly played a birthday song for my mother when dessert was served. Other people also celebrated my mother and it became a good anniversary. My rating is 2.3 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

Jyunon(樹音) http://www.jyunon.com/index.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment