August 21, 2012

Hearty cake of HARBS

HARBS(ハーブス) is a chain cafe and cake shop originally from Nagoya (名古屋) city, which is the center of politics, economy, and culture in central Japan and has the 3rd largest population in Japan. The features of HARBS's cakes are simple, big and fresh and that's why delicious. Ingredients and used fruits are really fresh and I recommend you to buy simple cakes rather than elaborate cakes (actually, elaborate ones are so-so). The simple is better for cakes of HARBS.
HARBS' melon short cake
The one I ate was a short cake using very sweet melon. Soooo good! Melon was ripe and sweet and the combination with fresh cream and soft sponge was perfect. Each time I put a small piece into mouth, I was so happy. The size is also big enough to share with someone. The price is JPY730 (approx. USD9) for one piece of cake. A bit expensive? But you wouldn't regret! My rating in terms of the melon short cake is 4 out of 5. If you go shopping, you can find cafes/shops of HARBS in department stores, shopping malls, etc. Gochiso-samadeshita! 

HARBS(ハーブス) http://www.harbs.co.jp/harbs/

3 comments:

  1. as always, your comment is so vivid and persuasive! This looks also nice and I wanna try If I had a chance. anywayz, you tend to be rather soft as to sweet foods, dont you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Megumogu! this cake looks so nice and as always, your comment is so persuasive stimulating me appetite... BTW, your rating is rather soft for sweet things, isn't it? XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for your comment.
    If I take sweets, I may be also sweet and soft...
    Or, the amount I invest is smaller than that for eating at restaurants. That's why my rating would be eased up to some extent. Also, my rating on sweets are just for one piece of cake, but rating on restaurants should include various dishes, service, atmosphere, etc. So, I would be more severe.

    ReplyDelete