June 13, 2012

Delicious unagi just next to the Ueno Park

As I wrote previously, unagi (eel) is very popular and expensive in Japan. Also, we believe unagi gives us stamina and power and I want to eat it when I feel tired or in summer. In the last weekend, I went to a unagi restaurant called "Kameya Issuitei (龜屋 一睡亭)" which is located just next to the Ueno Park as I was very tired. Due to heavy rain, there is no customer except us at dinner though there are always a lot of customers. Kameya Issuitei is a high-ranked unagi restaurant and waitresses put kimono, Japanese traditional cloths. 
Interior
Interior 
"Agedashi-tofu", fried tofu with rich bouillon
Grilled eel's liver
Grilled unagi bowl 
Every service is sophisticated and dishes are definitely delicious. Particularly, their unagis....wonderful. Sooo soft and tasty. Their way of grilling and the sauce would be the key of the taste (actually it took time to grill and we waited for a while). But it's worth for waiting! My rating is 4 out of 5. I want to eat again soon. Gochiso-samadeshita!


Kameya Issuitei (龜屋 一睡亭http://r.gnavi.co.jp/g121600/

No comments:

Post a Comment