May 29, 2012

Miso ramen recently popular in Sapporo

Sapporo(札幌) is the capital of Hokkaido(北海道), the farthest north prefecture of Japan. Hokkaido is caught on agriculture, fishery, stock breeding and accordingly, that is  a paradise of food! There are many specialties using local ingredients such as sushi, crab dishes, fresh meat barbecue, beers, chocolates, cakes, etc. and ramen (Japanese noodle). I don't know why ramen has been originally developed in Hokakido, but there are many kinds of ramens all over Hokkaido. For instance, the feature of Sapporo's ramen is miso, Japanese bean paste while the one of Hakodate is salt based.
Sapporo TV tower
Because of the popularity, there are many ramen shops in Sapporo. As I don't have exact information on local ramens, I usually ask local people like hotel men, taxi drivers, etc. about the popular ramen shops there. This time, a hotel man recommended us to go "Keyaki(けやき)" as a new type of miso ramen. That was bingo! The soup is made of chicken, vegetable bouillons and miso and the taste is fresh but rich. I tend to get bored eating miso ramen, but I could eat up this ramen tasty until the end.
The shop is a bit shabby, but inside is kept clean. Usually there is long queue surrounding the shop. I wish if I could taste it in Tokyo...My rating is 3.6 out of 5. Gochiso-samadeshita!

Keyaki(けやき) http://www.sapporo-keyaki.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment